I have the usual post new years eve festivity tiredness today. Dirk, Maddie, and I went to the annual Guadagnino new years eve get together last night and had fun hanging out, eating, chatting, drinking, and watching Mike kill innocent people in Vice City (a fun little evil game). While Mike was playing I took the opportunity to sneak in one of my famous self-taken pictures. After I took that one I liked it so much I decided it was a quest to get one with everyone there! See the gallery of friends below:
Nise
Mike (this is another one I took of Mike and I later on)
Paul Hey watch it with that tongue there Gene
Carol Well, it isn't a perfect science, sorry I cut you off there Carol!
Sean
Kristin
Me and my guy Ah... aren't we just the cutest thing well since this...
Me and my dog
I missed Indy bah... Next year!
I didn't get a chance to get a picture with Katie and CJ before they went to bed, but I did snap this one as they were headed there.
Katie and CJ
Maddie and Indy had a blast chasing each other all over the place and playing tug of rope together (which made for some fun photo opportunities).
Now for my first new years resolution... to get some sleep tonight (after a few rows of knitting on Dirk's scarf of course)!
I have given some thought to my new years resolutions (a tradition I like because it can help me to get back on track and remember that self evolution is a good thing).
One of my resolutions is the "typical" lose some weight and get in better shape. Which is an important goal, but I did see this quote today that I thought was very fitting especially on this day of resolution making.
"It's also helpful to realize that this very body that we have, that's sitting right here right now... with its aches and its pleasures... is exactly what we need to be fully human, fully awake, fully alive."
-Pema Chodron, Tibetan Buddhist nun, teacher, and author
We wish for all of our friends a happy, healthy, and peaceful coming year!
~Sheila & Dirk
No comments:
Post a Comment