Strelitzia reginae
I came across this Bird of Paradise while walking Madigan and of course just had to snap a picture to share.
I have a new title: I am the crazy bulb lady. I will soon be doing a lot of planting of little tubers and corms. I hope in a month or two I will have some beautiful flower pictures to show for all the hard work.
D and I toiled away in the garden again until the darkness of nightfall. We put in the walkway for the vegetable plot, which was no simple task especially in the dark. I feel like I should be throwing pots from all the clay in the soil. I suppose it could be worse, it could be full of rocks or frozen solid (like in some part of the country). Check out Jodi's blog to see just how cold it is in New York right now! So, although I can complain a little (this is my blog after all) I do realize that I really am lucky in most respects with the climate in my zone (USDA 9 in case there is something wrong with you and you were wondering).
Check out some of our progress tonight in the crappy pictures below:
(I will post a better one taken in the light of day tomorrow)
Vegetable walkway 1
Vegetable walkway 2
The third and final walkway picture. You can't make me show you anymore, I will not do it!
Now it is time for me to rest with my warm cup of Chai tea and the bestseller Physics (get the 5th edition, it's riveting)!
Until tomorrow my virtual readers.
Have a great week!
No comments:
Post a Comment