Ephippiorhynchus senegalensis
Saddlebilled Stork
Friday we have our first visit with the in vitro doctor. The insurance will pay half of this visit, but it is the last official thing that they will pay for. So from here on out we are on our own so to speak. Luckily, Dirk's parents have very, very kindly offered to assist with the cost of some of this, which definitely helps take some of the financial stress off. I have been feeling mixed about the upcoming appointment. I feel like I should be happy and excited since this is the first step for us to potentially conceive, but in actuality I am scared (and some what depressed) about the process. The success rate is approximately 25-35%, kind of scary when it will cost approximately $10,000 per try. Honestly, I wanted to give up after hearing the news about my fallopian tubes being damaged, but now I see that I have to at least try in vitro. Maybe we will fall into the percentage it will work for and we will end up with one, two, or even THREE little ones, who knows! This process is hard on an emotional level I must admit, but I am trying very hard to adjust my thinking so that I go into it with a realistic yet also optimistic view. Adjustment, patience, and acceptance are the things that Infertility has given me the opportunity to work on in my life (so far).
*Saddlebilled Stork picture from Exzooberance
No comments:
Post a Comment